Subject: Re: Lynskey family
From: "marie lynskey" <[email-masked]>
To: "Information" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 16:26:42 +0100

Hello Chuck,

Here is the missing jpeg 'Meanings.jpg'. 

I found your chart very easy to follow when printed out. It more difficult
on screen as you have to scroll about to find out who's related to who but
it's easy to follow once you understand the layout. I'm not sure exactly
what version of Excel I was using but it was probably a fairly recent one.

My main interest now is to find out more about Philip Lynskey, born
presumably around 1820 at Ardmore, Mayo. This place is in a really remote
corner of Mayo, on a small promontory jutting out along the coast and the
family could have been settled there farming for centuries. I wrote to some
near relatives still living in the area and had some interesting
correspondence  which gave me a lot of the information on the chart. One of
my great aunts actually visited them many years ago and I have a photograph
of her with about 12 Irish Lynskey relatives! My mum and I often talk about
going over to see them ourselves but we've both got so many ties and
obligations at home that I don't know when we'll ever manage to. I'd also
like to follow up the TOHER (TOGHER) connections for Andrew Lynskey, born
1847 and his sister.

I've been trying to get hold of the Irish telephone directories to
photocopy the Lynskey entries for Mayo and Galway but I was wrong about our
local libraries keeping copies, I must have seen them somewhere else. It
was probably in the British library in London which I visit occassionally
for research. If I get the chance to go there again I'll send you copies of
anything of use I find.

I don't think I've got anything else which would be of use to you at the
moment but I'll be in touch again when anything crops up. I'll set up a
link to your site and will watch it with interest!

Best wishes,

Marie

----------
From: Charles Lynskey <[email-masked]>
To: marie lynskey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Meanings.jpg
Date: 21 July 1999 22:26

Hi Marie,

RE: your last email:
"Meanings.jpg - a few excerpts from Maclysaght's 'Surnames of Ireland'
which I thought you might like to see."

After closer look at your email I could not find the above material.  Would
you please resend this to me?

Thanks,
Chuck